- COMBALL project information added (27-Nov-2013)
- OIVA Interaction Model video introduction (02-Jul-2013)
- Information on TIDE project (03-Jun-2013)
- Additional info on Future of housing for people with intellectual disabilities (17-May-2013)
- Updated info on Functional assessment of people with intellectual disabilities (TOIMI) (04-Jan-2013)
FAIDD – Participation and tolerance
The Finnish Association on Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities (FAIDD) is a non-profit, non-governmental organisation that promotes good life, equality and participation for people with intellectual disabilities and others who need support with learning, understanding and communicating.
Our goal is that all people can live together from an equal footing. This requires appropriate support and sufficient, quality services for people who need them and positive attitudes within the surrounding society. Public and private services, education, work and culture need to be accessible to everyone.
In order to reach these goals, we exercise social influence and serve as a centre of knowledge and expertise and a cooperative forum. We engage in a wide range of cooperation with people with intellectual disabilities, their families, professionals in the field, service providers, organisations, businesses and public authorities.