Research policy programme
The research policy programme lays out the strategic measures and content emphases of FAIDD research activities for 2001-2010.
The strategy agenda focuses on:
- Securing that research on intellectual and developmental disabilities carried out in Finland has adequate resources.
- Securing that research carried out in Finland is significant and relevant from the perspective of people with intellectual disabilities and others who need special support with learning, understanding and communicating.
- Strengthening cooperation in national and international forums.
- Strengthening the utilisation of research results.
- Ensuring that the research work of FAIDD is ethically sustainable.
- Ensuring that the research work of FAIDD is of high quality.
The core content emphases of research are:
- Status and participation of people with intellectual disabilities
- Service system
- Potentials of welfare technology
- Functional capability